News and Citizen dated 2-11-1 925 - An advertisement for creating a Cemetery Association in Elmore. Historical Sketch (Article 25) - The first cemetery was laid out by the selectmen in 1805 pursuant to a vote of the town. Two others were laid out as need for them arose. The town voted in 1927 to carry out systematic improvements in its cemeteries. As a part of this program, it was voted in 1928 to abandon one & the old cemeteries and to move the remains and gravestones to the cemetery at Lake Elmore. The remains of Col. Samuel Elmore were among those moved. As of 1939 there were two cemeteries in the town, the Elmore and West Elmore Cemeteries.