Next Meeting: Wed Jul 24, 2019
Elmore Town Clerk's Office
Minutes from May 20, 2019
Meets 1st & 3rd Tuesday at 5:30
Morrisville Elementary Library
Agendas & Minutes
- Elmore 5K Run/Walk, August 31, 9:00am
Enjoy a morning chip timed 5K run or walk on this mostly flat, out and back course along the shores of Lake Elmore.
- Elmore Receives Village Center Designation!
The Downtown Development Board approved Elmore's application to have the village designated a Village Center. Village Center designation supports the revitalization efforts of small and medium-sized historic centers. The designation brings financial incentives, training, and technical assistance needed to attract new business and vitality to Vermont’s smaller communities.
Following are some links to further explain what the designation means for Elmore:
- Downtown and Village Center Funding Directory - A comprehensive list of state, federal and nonprofit funding sources to support village center revitalization efforts.
- Strong Communities Newsletter – A quarterly newsletter from the Department of Housing and Community Development with news on new programs and grant opportunities. Subscribe here.
- Vermont Planning Atlas - An easy-to-use tool that provides access to commonly requested data - the status of local planning and regulations, designation boundaries, and more.
- Vermont Planning Manual – The Planning Manual offers up-to-date guidance on preparing municipal plans, as well as an overview of the state designation programs, and their benefits.
- Neighborhood Development Area Designation – An add-on housing designation program that helps reduce the time and cost of state permitting in areas within a ¼ mile walking distance of a designated village center.
- Lake Elmore Association Summer Activities
June 15: Pancake Breakfast, Town Hall, 8 – 10 AM
June 16: Tractor Parade, Route 12, 2 PM
July 4: Boat Parade, 4 PM
July 7: Fire Department BBQ, Elmore Store, 11 AM
July 7: LEA Craft Fair, Town Hall, 10 AM-1 PM
July 11: Bingo, Town Hall, Doors open 6:30 PM
July 13: Pancake Breakfast, Town Hall, 8-10 AM
July 18: Bingo, Town Hall, Doors open 6:30 PM
July 20: Annual LEA Meeting & BBQ, Elmore State Park, 4 PM
July 25: Bingo, Town Hall, Doors open 6:30 PM
August 1: Bingo, Town Hall, Doors open 6:30 PM
August 3: Ice Cream Social, Town Hall Yard, 6 – 8 PM
August 8: Bingo, Town Hall Doors open 6:30 PM
August 10: Pancake Breakfast, Town Hall, 8 – 10 AM
August 15: Bingo, Town Hall, Doors open 6:30 PM
August 22: Final Bingo, Town Hall, Doors open 6:30 PM
August 24: Pie Social, Town Hall, 7 PM
August 31: Elmore Block Party and Fireworks, Elmore Store, Dusk
October 5: LEA Craft Fair, Town Hall, TBD
- USDA Rabies Alert
If you see any wildlife acting strange or any roadkill, please call the USDA Wildlife Services at 1-800-473-2437. Click to view flyer